Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Thing 7. Content Saving & Sharing

I do so enjoy Pinterest - it can be a bit addictive, for both my personal and my professional life. It's really great for planning parties, events, costumes, arts and crafts ideas, and collecting recipes. Here are some of the boards I have on my Pinterest:


I use it to plan theme birthday parties for my children, but also to find excellent ideas for library displays.


One of my Pinterest "tricks" is to copy and paste some of the more salient information directly into the description of my pin.

Problem: I find a really great page to pin, and I pin it on one of my boards. Months later I see the picture and click on the pin to see the info went with it. But the page is no longer available on the Interwebz! 

Solution: Whenever I find a pin with info I really want to be able to see later (like a recipe or directions on how to do something), I copy and paste the most important bits in the pin's description. This usually requires some editing, since there is a 500-character limit on descriptions. But the result is that I can easily see the info I need without necessarily having to go to an outside webpage or a webpage that might no longer be accessible. 

Example: I take information from a page that looks like this:


And transform it into a pin that looks like this:


Pretty neat, huh?



1 comment:

  1. Huh, That's a great idea to keep Pintrest posts relevant!

    ReplyDelete