Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Thing 4. Keeping Up

First of all, I really liked the Common Craft video, which gave a straightforward explanation of RSS feeds. Even though I sort of already knew what they were, it was a nice way to clarify it.

I downloaded the Flipboard app. I was particularly interested to see how Twitter and Instagram would look, and to find out what types of functionality I had from within the Flipboard app.

Here's what my twitter feed looked like in Flipboard:

I like the fact that I can easily retweet, and that I can comment or do a modified tweet:


And I liked that I can choose which parts of my Twitter account to look at in Flipboard:

I did figure out how to create a post to Twitter from inside Flipboard, but it wasn't incredibly obvious to me how to do it. (here's how a retweet from Flipboard looks from within the Twitter app):

However, I can see how this app would be really useful to follow tweets, instagram pages, and blogs around specific topics.

My cat, Genghis Khlaw, loves Flipboard (obviously).


1 comment: